2-hour eCOTS online workshop
- April 3, 2020, online workshop, Teaching Statistics with Simulation-Based Inference (90min)
- March 23, 2020, Active-learning in an Online Environment (with A. Sabbag), Wiley webinar (Register for the workshop (https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7958307348926986763 to receive access to the recording)
- July 2019.Simulation-based inference
in the next decade. Joint Statistics Meetings. Denver, CO.
- July 2019, Workshop: Simulation-based
inference, Multivariable thinking and Statistics in Biology, George
- October 2019, John Wiley and Sons Webinar series. Evidence for
teaching with simulation-based inference
methods in introductory statistics.
- April 2019. Teaching simulation-based
inference methods, Sacramento, CA. Regional workshop.
- April 2019. Teaching simulation-based inference methods. United
States Military Academy. West Point, NY.
- April 2019. National Council of Teachers of Mathematics. San
Diego, CA. Workshop. Teaching simulation-based inference methods in
high school classrooms.
- March 2019. Invited speaker. CAUSE webinar on
Thinking in Undergraduate Biology.
- March 2019. Invited speaker. John Wiley and
series. Two presentations: Introductory statistics for under-prepared
and effective online applets for teaching introductory statistics.
- February 2019. Invited speaker. Effective
strategies workshop. Phoenix, AZ. Simulation-based inference in
- November 2018. John Wiley and Sons seminar
series. Simulation-based inference in introductory statistics.
- August 2018.
Session on simulationbased
inference at Joint Statistics Meetings,
- July 2018.
International Conference on
Teaching Statistics. Kyoto,
- May 2018.
eCOTS workshop: Second course in statistics
- January 2018. Invited presentation. Simulation
inference in the teaching of introductory statistics. Joint Mathematics
Meetings. San Diego, CA.
- December 2017. CME Statistics Conference.
presentation. Simulation-based inference and the revised GAISE
the first course in statistics. London, U.K.
- August 2017. University of Nebraska- Lincoln.
training session on teaching with simulation based inference.
- July 2017. Montana State University. Bozeman,
TA training session on teaching with simulation based inference.
- July 27 and 29, 2017:
Minicourse at Mathfest, Chicago, IL
5-7, 2017: Atlanta,
- June 11, 2017:
Statistical Society of Canada, Winnipeg, Manatoba
- May 31, 2017:
ACMS, Charleston, SC
- May 17-18, 2017:
Pre-USCOTS workshop, Penn State University
- April 6-7,
2017: Illinois Mathematics Association of Two-Year Colleges, University
- Feb 11, 2017:
College in Ventura, CA
- Feb 4, 2017: Cuesta
College in San Luis Obispo, CA
- Nov 16, 2016:
Pre-workshop for AMATYC, Denver, CO
5-6, 2016: Columbus, Ohio, MAA MathFest
- July 30, 2016,
Joint Statistical Meetings pre-workshop,
- June 4 and
5, 2016: Philadelphia, PA
17, 2016: eCOTS
7, 2016: AMATYC Webinar
5, 2016: Seattle, WA, JMM
14-17, 2015: Hollins University, Roanoke, VA, MAA-PREP
- July 7-9, 2015:
26-28, 2015: Penn State, State College, PA, USCOTS
6-7, 2015: Mesa, Arizona
San Antonio, Texas, JMM
- November 1, 2014:
Butler University, Indianapolis, IN (following the NCTM conference)
2, 2014: Boston, Massachusetts, JSM
19, 2014; Flagstaff,
24-27, 2014: Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo, California. MAA PREP Workshop.
- May 30-31,
2014: Trinity Christian College, Palos Heights, Illinois.
29, 2014: Dordt College, Sioux Center, Iowa. Preconference
Workshop at the Great Plains R User Group Conference
- January 14,
2014: Baltimore, Maryland, JMM